" I've learned invaluable skills such as networking, time management, problem solving, and investment techniques."
- Chris C, Youth Corps Class of 2006
Youth corps program
Youth Corps is a life-changing leadership development and growth experience for 36 dedicated 9th and 10th grade students in the Midlands (Richland & Lexington counties). The class begins in August with leadership weekend and culminates in May with a rewarding graduation experience. Students participate in in nine different areas (modules), where they gain hands-on experience and opportunities to learn, think and lead. Each module is led by top community leaders, lasting one month with students committing about 12 hours per month.
In Youth Corps, you will…
- Start your own business
- Lead a community service project
- Help victims of crime
- Support actual legislation at the State House
- Discover careers of your interest
- Interact with the world of journalism
- Gain money management skills
- Explore the arts & culture
- Develop as a leader
… and make a difference in your community!